Daniel J. Larin
Attorney at Law
Daniel Larin is a DUI defense lawyer who can help you if you've been pulled over or arrested for drunk driving or if you need your license restored in Michigan. He appears in courts throughout the state and has represented clients in hundreds of drunk driving cases ranging from first offenders and Zero Tolerance to OWI Causing Death or Serious Injury cases.
No matter what your circumstances, call to schedule a free one-hour consultation.
Education & Background
Daniel Larin is a graduate with honors from Washburn School of Law in Topeka, Kansas where he was also an editor of the Washburn Law Journal. He worked for the Sedgwick County Prosecutor's Office in Wichita, Kansas prosecuting felonies and misdemeanors.
He graduated from Michigan State University in 1988 where he studied Marine Biology and received a BS from the College of Natural Science. He also studied at the Oregon Institute of Marine Biology and Western Michigan University.
After graduation, he worked as an Observer for the National Marine Fisheries Service in the Bering Sea off the Aleutian Islands. He has also worked as an environmental scientist and air quality specialist in Michigan and California. This scientific training aids Attorney Larin in understating the nuances of scientific evidence.
"Even if you believe that you are guilty of a crime it does not mean you will be convicted. A good lawyer will look at all the evidence and in most circumstances can minimize the damage and in many of cases get a criminal charge, even a drinking and driving case, dismissed or reduced. It is always worthwhile to discuss your case with a lawyer. Your freedom and future may hang in the balance." - Daniel J. Larin
A Reputation for Results
Dan attributes his high success rate to preparation and a thorough knowledge of the laws, administrative rules, and procedures. He is highly regarded by his fellow lawyers and judges. He has been educating other attorneys, judges, and the public through his writings and lectures, both as an author and editor. He is a frequent lecturer for multiple associations where he speaks on topics related to DUI defense, license restoration, and traffic crimes.
To benefit from this knowledge, contact the law firm of Daniel J. Larin, P.C.
J.D. - Washburn School of Law
B.S. - Michigan State University
Major: Marine Biology
• Editor: Michigan Drunk Driving Law and Practice, 5th Edition (ICLE 2012)(Updated 2103, 2014)
• Author: Michigan Drunk Driving Law and Practice, 5th Edition (ICLE 2012)(Updated 2103, 2014) Chapters Include: “Discovery, Defenses and Pretrial Motions” & “License Appeals” plus two more.
• Author: Michigan Basic Practice Manual, 7th Edition (ICLE 2014) Chapter: “Traffic Offenses”
• Author: Collateral Consequences of a Criminal Conviction, 1st Edition (ICLE 2012)(Updated 2103, 2014) Chapter "Driver's License Sanctions"
• Editor: Michigan Drunk Driving Law and Practice, 4th Edition (ICLE 2006) (Updated 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
• Author: Michigan Drunk Driving Law and Practice, 4th Edition (ICLE 2006) (Updated 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) Chapters Include: “Discovery, Defenses and Pretrial Motions” & “License Appeals” plus four more.
• Author: Inside the Minds - The Legality of Search and Seizures in DUI Cases: Leading Lawyers on Understanding Law Enforcement Search Procedures, Challenging Seized Evidence, and Protecting Client’s Privacy Rights “Reviewing the Evidence of the Stop and Arrest in a DUI Case”- (Aspatore (West Thompson), 2010)
• Author: Michigan Basic Practice Manual, 6th Edition (ICLE 2007) (Updated 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013) Chapter: “Traffic Offenses”
• Understanding the New Super Drunk Driving Laws - Top Tips - Institute of Continuing Legal Education e-Newsletter (ICLE 2011-2013)
• Defending Drunk Driving Cases - Top Tips - Institute of Continuing Legal Education e-Newsletter (ICLE 2010-2103)
• How to: Implied Consent Hearings - State Bar of Michigan (ICLE 2005-2013)
• How to: Discovery in Drunk Driving Cases - State Bar of Michigan (ICLE 2005-2013)
• How to: Driver License Restoration Before the Secretary of State's Administrative Hearing Section (IHS) - State Bar of Michigan (ICLE 2013)
• How to: Driver License Restoration Before the Driver License Appeal Division (DLAD) - State Bar of Michigan (ICLE 2004, 2008)
• How to: Driver License Appeals in Circuit Court - State Bar of Michigan ( ICLE 2004-2014)
• Driver License Concerns – “Driver's License Suspensions and Revocations” (Inter Alia, 2004)
• Genesee County Bar Association - Criminal Bar - "Consequences of Conviction - Driver License Sanctions" (2014)
• Oakland County Bar Association - Continuing Legal Education Series - Anatomy of a Criminal Case - "Drunk Driving & Super Drunk Driving Law" (2011)
• Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) – Defending Traffic Offense Cases - "Traffic Law Basics and Civil Infractions” (2010)
• Oakland County Bar Association and Cooley Law School - People’s Law College – Driver License Restoration & Expungement – “Driver License Restoration” (2010)
• Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) - Driver License Restoration and Implied Consent - "Driver License Appeals in the Circuit Court" (2008)
• Wayne County Criminal Advocacy Program – Continuing Legal Education Series "10 Do's and Don'ts of Drunk Driving Defense" (2007)
• Upper Michigan Legal Institute & The State Bar of Michigan - "Drivers License Restoration" (2007)
• Oakland County Bar Association - Continuing Legal Education Series - "Drunk Driving and License Restoration" (2006)
• Oakland County Bar Association - Continuing Legal Education Series - "Felony Driver License Suspensions and Related Concerns" (2004)
• Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) - Fundamentals of Drunk Driving - "Driver License Concerns" (2003)