"Even if you believe that you are guilty of a crime it does not mean you will be convicted. A good lawyer will look at all the evidence and in most circumstances can minimize the damage and in many of cases get a criminal charge, even a drinking and driving case, dismissed or reduced. It is always worthwhile to discuss your case with a lawyer. Your freedom and future may hang in the balance." - Daniel J. Larin
You can say Dan Larin "wrote the book on drunk driving". He is an editor and author of "Michigan Drunk Driving Law and Practice". His contributions include chapters "Discovery Defenses and Pretrial Motions", "Breath and Blood Testing", "The License" & "License Appeals". He is also a contributor on four other books related to drunk driving and criminal traffic defense. Daniel Larin is a leading lawyer in the areas of Drunk Driving Defense and Driver License Restoration, in the State of Michigan. Based in Birmingham in Oakland County he has appeared in almost every court in the state. He has been recognized as a "SuperLawyer" for the past 5 years; as the "Nations Top One Percent" by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel: as one of the "Top 1000 Lawyers in Metro Detroit" by dBusiness Magazine; as a "Leading Lawyer" by Leading Lawyers; as a "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" by The National Trial Lawyers; and, holds the highest rating of "10 of 10, Superb" by AVVO an independent lawyer rating service. Daniel J. Larin is a Criminal Defense Lawyer who specializes in the defense of those charged with:
- Drunk Driving, (OWI, OUIL / OUID, DWI or DUI)
- Operating While Intoxicated (MCL 257.625)
- Super Drunk (BAC .17 or higher)
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol and Drugs (OUIL / OUID)
- Operating With the Presence of Drugs (OWPD) & Operating With the Presence of Marijuana (OWPM)
- Operating Under the Influence of Drugs (including valid prescriptions & over the counter drugs)
- Impaired Driving (Operating While Visibly Impaired or OWVI)
- Zero Tolerance (Under 21 with BAC)
- Driving While License Suspended (DWLS) & Driving While License Revoked (DWLR)
- Reckless Driving
- Operating Under the Influence (OUIL) Causing Death (Homicide, Manslaughter, Murder)
- Operating Under the Influence (OUIL) Causing Serious Injury
- Failure to yield to emergency responders and causing injury or death
- Watercraft and ORV alcohol violations
- Related traffic offenses that may or may not involve alcohol
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- All other traffic related crimes including Traffic Tickets
- Marijuana Possession
- Other Alcohol-related crimes
- Minor In Possession (MIP)
- Domestic Violence
- Probation Violations
Daniel J. Larin, P.C. also handles Driver License Restoration cases before the Secretary of State (also known as the Driver Assessment and Appeals Division (DAAD) or (DLAD)).
Daniel Larin is the "guy who wrote the book". He is an Editor and Author of "Michigan Drunk Driving Law and Practice", the book that judges and lawyers refer to when faced with questions on drunk driving and related topics. He is a frequent lecturer on the subjects of Drunk Driving Defense, Driver License Restoration and other Criminal Defense and Driver's License issues. His other writings include the "Basic Practice Manual" on traffic law and driver license issues in "Collateral Consequences of Criminal Convictions". He has also provided the commentary to the "Michigan Model Criminal Jury Instructions" in the category "Traffic Offenses". Other lawyers turn to him when they have questions and complicated issues. Call today for a free consultation.
Daniel Larin has a state wide practice primarily Criminal Defense and Driver License Restoration services in Michigan including: Oakland, Macomb, Wayne, Lapeer, Monroe, Livingston and Genesee Counties.
Disclaimer: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Please consult an attorney for individual advice concerning your own situation.