A Drunk Driving Conviction Will Follow You for the Rest of Your Life.
What you need to know about your drunk driving charges:
• Your driving record will reflect any drinking and driving convictions for the rest of your life. Drinking and driving convictions include all convictions under Michigan MCL 257.625: OWI, DUI, Impaired Driving, Zero Tolerance, Child Endangerment, Drunk Driving Causing Death or Injury.
• In addition to money paid towards fines, costs, monthly probation and treatment. You may be required to reimburse the police and prosecutor and you will have to pay “Driver Responsibility Fees” of either $1000 or $2000 in order to keep your license.
• Any drinking and driving conviction will result in the loss of your Commercial Driver License (CDL) for a minimum of one year even if you were not driving a commercial vehicle at the time.
• Any drinking and driving convictions can affect your ability to go to Canada or other countries.
• Some employers will not hire a person convicted of a drinking and driving and some people lose their jobs or are fired for being convicted of any crime.
• A second or subsequent conviction for drinking and driving may result in mandatory revocation of your driving privileges for at least a year and up to the rest of your life.
• A conviction for a second or third offense drunk driving will result in mandatory jail time.
Daniel J. Larin, P.C., Specializes in defending drivers accused of many different traffic offenses including:
• Operating While Intoxicated (OWI)
• Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol (OUIL)
• Operating Under the Influence of Drugs (OUID)
• Operating With the Presence of Drugs (OWPD)
• Driving While Impaired (DWI)
• Operating While Visibly Impaired (OWVI)
• Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
• Reckless Driving
• Leaving the Scene of a Property Damage or Personal Injury Accident
• Vehicular Manslaughter
• Operating While Intoxicated Causing Death or Serious Injury
• Operating Under the Influence Causing Serious Injury or Death
• All other traffic related crimes
Put experience to work for you
At Daniel J. Larin, P.C., the goal is to make sure that any arrest has the least impact on our clients. All available evidence is reviewed to look for possible defenses. The motivation is to get the charges dismissed. If your case is not, every effort is made to minimize the impact of a conviction. If you are convicted you want to confident that your lawyer is making sure that you are afforded the full protection of the laws and the Constitution.
Daniel J. Larin, P.C., is a specialized law firm in the field of Drunk Driving defense, it is all we do. We are comfortable in any courtroom in the state, and our knowledge and professionalism have earned the respect of judges, prosecutors and policemen.
Don't risk your future by making the wrong decision in your drinking and driving case, contact Daniel Larin, to get help from the lawyer that wrote the book on Drunk Driving Defense in Michigan.